Limited Licence Subcommittee Member
Open Until Filled
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Limited Licence Subcommittee’s mandate is to review all applications for Limited Licence, including both new applications and scope change requests, and to review matters related to Limited Licensure.
The Limited Licence Subcommittee is appointed by and reports to Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s Registration Committee and is supported by subject matter experts and Engineers and Geoscientists BC Registration staff.
Duties and Expectations
- Review Limited Licence applications and make recommendations regarding the applicants’ qualifications. Actions may range from recommending licensure to rejection of an application. Advice on specific policies, legislation and precedent is provided by Registration staff;
- Review project samples provided by applicants, if available;
- Review other matters related to Limited Licence as deemed appropriate by the Sub-Committee or as referred to by the Registration Committee;
- Attend committee meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Membership in good standing with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (i.e. P.Eng., P.Geo., Eng.L., Geo.L.);
- Minimum 10 years of experience in their stated field of practice;
- Subcommittee members must be comfortable with reviewing documents in electronic format in a secure online environment.
Term of Office
- Appointments are two years normally, renewable twice unless otherwise extended by Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s Council.
Average Time Commitment
- Maximum of 8 meetings a year, normal meeting duration is 1-2 hours;
- Meetings are usually held on Wednesday’s at 4 PM at Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s office in Burnaby and a light dinner is provided;
- Preparation involves the review of the applicants’ documentation and may require 3-4 hours.
Measures of Success
The successful volunteer will:
- Make recommendations regarding the credentials of applicants;
- Be prepared to provide feedback to applicants regarding any deficiencies.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience
- Learn new skills and expand your business network
- Authorized travel expenses
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards
- Volunteer appreciation.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.