The Registration Interviewers play a vital role in the application process of prospective members. Interviews are used as part of the experience review process and Interviewers will interview the applicants and provide comments regarding the applicants’ qualifications.
Duties and Expectations
- Interviews are conducted at the Engineers and Geoscientists BC office during business hours.
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently an Engineers and Geoscientists BC P.Eng. or P.Geo. member;
- Have at least five years of professional level experience in your stated field of practice;
- Currently working at a senior capacity preferred.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC urgently
requires interviewers in the following disciplines:
- Mechanical (HVAC)
- Building Science /Energy Work
The association is also looking for assessors and interviewers in the following disciplines:
- Engineering physics
- Mechanical (general)
- Naval Architecture
Average Time Commitment
- Interviews, including pre and post discussion time, take approximately two hours.
- An interviewer may be asked to do a maximum of three to four interviews per year.
Measures of Success
The successful volunteer will:
- Conduct professional interviews.
- Provide honest and constructive feedback regarding the applicants’ qualifications.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Learn new skills and expand your business network.
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards.
- Volunteer appreciation.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.