Science Games Steering Committee Member (Multiple Positions Available)
August 9, 2018
September 30, 2018
Science Games Steering Committee Member (Multiple positions available)
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Science Games Steering Committee is responsible for assisting staff in the planning, development, organization, and delivery of the Science Games. The Science Games is an interschool challenge where students work together in teams to complete various science challenges relating to engineering and geoscience.
Committee members report to the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Communications Coordinator.
- To design and test competitive or non-competitive activities for the Science Games, including all related materials, instructions, and judging criteria,
- To attend planning meetings to participate in the development of the event theme and design,
- To attend the Science Games as a judge. If members are unable to attend it is their responsibility to find a replacement judge, and
- To assist in informing others about the Science Games event.
Successful candidates will be:
- Registered with the association as a P.Eng., P.Geo., EIT, GIT, engineering or geoscience student, or educators,
- Passionate about inspiring the next generation of engineers and geoscientists,
- Creative thinkers, who are able to think of engaging hands on activities which illustrate various scientific principles at an elementary school level, and
- Members experienced in delivering engineering and geoscience career awareness presentations to elementary school aged students.
- 1 year with a maximum of 6 re-appointments.
- Minimum commitment of four 1.5 meetings each year between September and April with approximately 1 hour of preparation for each meeting. Teleconference options will be made available to volunteers for all meetings,
- Committee members are also expected to research potential activity options for the Science Games, and
- Minimum commitment of half day as a judge at the event on a Saturday in March.
- Opportunity to inspire future generations of engineers and geoscientists,
- Volunteer appreciation,
- Learn new skills and expand your business network, and
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.