Temporary Works Committee Member
October 2, 2018
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Temporary Works Committee is an Advisory Committee reporting to the Professional Practice Committee. Its mandate is to provide advice on issues impacting the practice of professional engineering and the practice of professional geoscience as they apply to temporary works.
Committee members report to the Professional Practice Committee.
Committee members are responsible for:
- Considering and making recommendations on issues regarding temporary works.
- Providing support to encourage Association members to seek improvement of the practice related to temporary works.
- Advising on requests for information on technical matters.
- Representing the views of the Professions in the drafting of codes or enforcement matters.
- Reviewing any required materials prior to meetings.
- Attending scheduled meetings in person or via telephone conference for out-of-area volunteers.
- Voting on motions.
- Registered member in good standing with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Experience with temporary works, including but not limited to structural, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical, fire protecting engineering, or code consulting.
- Appointments are two years in length, renewable twice for a maximum of six consecutive years, unless otherwise extended by the CEO.
- Meetings are held approximately once a month (except during the summer) at the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Burnaby office; refreshments are provided.
- Meetings are approximately 2 hours in length.
- The committee may meet in person or by telephone conference, where all members may simultaneously hear each other and participate during the meeting.
- Before each meeting, members are required to review agenda items and be prepared for discussion.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Socialize and make new connections with other volunteer members.
- Reimbursement of authorized travel expenses.
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards.
- Volunteer appreciation.