Engineers and Geoscientists BC issued a Notice of Inquiry to Joseph Jean Marc Bohemier, P.Eng, in January 2018 regarding his use of his engineering seal on letters of assurance, specifically a Schedule C-B. Instead of proceeding to a disciplinary inquiry, Mr. Bohemier agreed to a Consent Order dated April 19, 2018.
In the Consent Order, Mr. Bohemier admitted that he demonstrated unprofessional conduct, incompetence, or negligence by sealing a Schedule C-B for fire suppression, which is outside of Mr. Bohemier’s training and experience. Mr. Bohemier admitted that he signed the Schedule C-B when he had not conducted field reviews and had not reviewed the design, plans and other supporting documents for the fire suppression system.
As part of the Consent Order, Mr. Bohemier agreed to the following:
- He will resign his membership with the association, and will not re-apply for membership or licensure for six months from the date of the Consent Order.
- He will pay $4,000 towards the association’s legal costs within 30 days of the date of the Consent Order.
- If he re-applies for membership, he must complete and pass the Professional Practice Examination and the Professional Engineering and Geoscience Practice in BC Online Seminar.
- If his re-application for membership or licensure is approved, he must not sign or seal any letters of assurance that include fire suppression engineering.
- If his re-application for membership or licensure is approved, he will undergo a Practice Review six months after he is re-admitted.
The full text of the Consent Order agreed to by Mr. Bohemier can be found in the Disciplinary Notices
section of our website.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s website contains information on the complaint, investigation, and discipline processes
. You can contact us at 604.558.6647 or toll-free at 1.888.430.8035 ext. 6647, or by email at [email protected]