Updated versions of Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s six quality management guidelines have recently been published and are now available on the association’s website. No new technical requirements have been introduced in this most recent suite of updates, but some revisions and additions have been made to the Quality Management Guidelines - Use of Seal to provide further clarification on a number of topics.
Version 2.0 supersedes Version 1.2 of the Quality Management Guidelines - Use of Seal. Updates in this latest version include additions and revisions on a number of topics:
3.2 Which Documents Require Sealing
- 22.214.171.124 General
- 126.96.36.199 CADD Drawing Files
- 188.8.131.52 Bound Documents
- 184.108.40.206 Reviewed Documents
- 220.127.116.11 Copies of Originally Sealed Documents
- 18.104.22.168 Standard Drawings
- 3.2.10 Emails
- 3.2.12 Design-build Drawings/Documents
3.6 How to Seal
- 22.214.171.124 Electronic Seals and Digital Certificates
- 126.96.36.199 Non-ink Signatures
- 188.8.131.52 Unacceptable Seals
Appendix A: When to Apply Seals (re-ordered, additional scenarios added)
The following guidelines were revised to align formatting for greater cohesiveness as a whole, and for consistency with the Quality Management Guidelines - Use of Seal:
• Direct Supervision v.1.3
• Documented Checks of Engineering and Geoscience Work v1.3
• Documented Independent Review of Structural Designs v1.4
• Documented Field Reviews During Implementation or Construction v1.3
• Retention of Project Documentation v1.3.
The quality management guidelines are available here in the Practice Resources section of the association’s website.
The Quality Management Guidelines are covered in detail in Organizational Quality Management (OQM) training sessions offered by the association. These sessions are not only for organizations wishing to become OQM certified, they are also an excellent way for individual members to get a complete understanding of the quality management requirements under the Engineers and Geoscientists Act and Bylaws they must abide by. Currently the following OQM Training Sessions are open for registration: