Organizational Quality Management
As of December 31, 2020, the OQM Program will no longer be accepting applications. Beginning in July 2021, all firms offering engineering or geoscience services or products in BC will be required to apply for a permit to practice on a mandatory basis. For more information please visit the Regulation of Firms page
or contact [email protected]
Organizations employing members of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia have a significant influence on the practice of the two professions. To address this influence the association has developed the Organizational Quality Management (OQM) Program, which aims to improve the quality management of professional engineering and geoscience practices at the individual and organizational level. This voluntary program includes certification for organizations.
- New 5% discount on Professional Liability Insurance from Marsh Canada,
- Employees exempt from random Practice Reviews conducted by Engineers and Geoscientists BC,
- Recognition on the Engineers and Geoscientists BC website and OQM certification announced in Innovation magazine,
- Build your company brand by being licensed to use the trade-marked OQM logo in promotional material, proposals, etc.,
- Meet market demand by having a quality management system endorsed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC,
- Demonstrate that your organization is a leader in its commitment to quality management practices and standards, and
- Support your professionals in meeting their professional obligations, thus attracting and retaining talent.
- The product or service provider has a quality management system endorsed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC,
- OQM certification can be used as selection criteria when procuring engineering and geoscience products and services,
- Know that the product or service provider has policies and procedures to ensure:
- Applicable Professional Practice Guidelines are being followed,
- Documented file management procedures are being used to meet regulatory requirements,
- Documented checking of all engineering or geoscience work and where required independent reviews are taking place,
- All documents containing engineering or geoscience will be appropriately authenticated by the application of the professional’s seal,
- All delegated engineering or geoscience work will be directly supervised by a professional from Engineers and Geoscientists BC, and
- Appropriate field reviews will be conducted during construction or implementation.
- Be exempt from selection for random Practice Reviews conducted by Engineers and Geoscientists BC,
- Have an employer who understands your professional obligations under the Engineers and Geoscientists Act and the association’s Bylaws, and whose policies and procedures support you in meeting them, and
- Enjoy working within a standardized system that boosts efficiency.