Member or Licensee Elsewhere in Canada

About this Category

Being a current member or licensee with another Canadian Association/Ordre allows you to more easily gain registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia. Becoming a registrant with Engineers and Geoscientists BC does not affect your status with other Canadian Associations/Ordre.

  • If you are a former Engineers and Geoscientists BC professional engineer, professional geoscientist, engineering licensee, or geoscience licensee, please see Resuming Practice Rights,
  • Please see Registration Reinstatement if you are a former trainee (EIT or GIT) with Engineers and Geoscientists BC and are seeking engineer- or geoscientist-in-training status again,
  • Please see Professional Geoscience Mobility Agreement if you are a member of the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario and intend to practice for 45 days or less each calendar year in British Columbia,
  • When making an online application to Engineers and Geoscientists BC, professional engineers who are registered or licensed elsewhere in Canada may now also apply for professional registration or licence with Engineers Nova Scotia, Engineers PEI, or Engineers Yukon. This is possible under the Agreement to Facilitate Applications under the Agreement on Internal Trade. Application and member-related fees will be charged by each province/territory, and
  • If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you will be applying for a Non-Resident Licence (NRL P.Eng.).

Who can Apply

Professional Engineers, Professional Geoscientists, Limited Licensees, Engineers-In-Training, Geoscientists-in-Training, or Junior Engineers/ingénieurs juniors who are current members/licensees in good standing with another Canadian Association/Ordre.

How to A​pply

Applications are made through the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Online Membership Application.


Application Process

  1. A completed application.
  2. *Certified proof of Citizenship (Birth Certificate, Photo Page of Current Passport, or Permanent Resident Card).
  3. A resume (Limited Licensees only).
  4. Confirmation of Membership (Engineers and Geoscientists BC will contact your indicated provincial/territorial Association(s)/Ordre. During the application process, you will be required to disclose your membership details for each of the Canadian associations/Ordres you are a member with)

* To have a copy certified, make a photocopy of your document (citizenship card, birth certificate or current passport) and ask a P.Eng., P.Geo., P.E., or Notary Public to sign and stamp it as a "true copy of the original". 

How Much Does it Cost?




Application Fee - Professional Registration (Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada), Non-Resident Licence, Limited Licence – registered or licensed elsewhere in Canada

With application


Application Fee - Applicant who is currently an EIT, GIT or ing.jr. with another Canadian regulatory body

With application

Application Fee  is Waived

Licensing Fee (P.Eng., P.Geo., Eng.L. and Geo.L.)

After registration/licensure


Annual Fee – Professional Registrants P.Eng. or P.Geo.

Prorated, paid after regisration


Annual Fee – Limited Licensees Eng.L. or Geo.L. prorated as of the date of licensure

After licensure


Annual Fee – Engineer-in-Training or Geoscientist-in-Training, prorated as of the date of enrollment

After enrollment



After Applying

Once all the required documents have been received, it takes approximately five to seven business days (two to four months for Limited Licensees) to review your application and grant registration.

For information about checking the status of your application please see Application Status.

Once registered or licensed, you will be sent a notification email and your certificate of registration/licence or enrollment. Professional Engineers, Professional Geoscientists and Limited Licensees will also be issued a stamp.