Registrant or Licensee Elsewhere in Canada

About this Category

Being a current registrant or licensee with another Canadian Association/Ordre allows you to more easily gain registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia. Becoming a registrant with Engineers and Geoscientists BC does not affect your status with other Canadian Associations/Ordre.

  • If you are a former Engineers and Geoscientists BC professional engineer, professional geoscientist, professional licensee (engineering or geoscience) please see Reinstatement of Status,
  • Please see Reinstatement of Status if you are a former trainee (EIT or GIT) with Engineers and Geoscientists BC and are seeking engineer- or geoscientist-in-training status again,
  • Please see the Professional Geoscience Mobility Agreement if you are a member of the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario and intend to practice for 45 days or less each calendar year in British Columbia, and,
  • When making an online application to Engineers and Geoscientists BC, professional engineers who are registered or licensed elsewhere in Canada may now also apply for professional registration or licence with Engineers Nova Scotia, Engineers PEI, or Engineers Yukon. This is possible under the Agreement to Facilitate Applications under the Agreement on Internal Trade. Application and registrant-related fees will be charged by each province/territory.

Who can Apply

Professional Engineers, Professional Geoscientists, Professional Licensees, Engineers-in-Training, Geoscientists-in-Training, or Junior Engineers/ingénieurs juniors who are current members/licensees in good standing with another Canadian Association/Ordre.

How to A​pply

Applications are made through the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Online Application tool.


Application Process

  1. A completed application.
  2. *Certified proof of Citizenship (Birth Certificate, Photo Page of Current Passport, or Permanent Resident Card).
  3. A resume (applicants for Professional Licensees only).
  4. Confirmation of Registration/Licensure (Engineers and Geoscientists BC will contact your indicated provincial/territorial Association(s)/Ordre. During the application process, you will be required to disclose your registration details for each of the Canadian associations/Ordres that you are registered with)

* To have a copy certified, make a photocopy of your document (citizenship card, birth certificate or current passport) and ask a P.Eng., P.Geo., P.E., or Notary Public to sign and stamp it as a "true copy of the original". 

How Much Does it Cost?




Application Fee - Professional Registration (including Professional Licensees) – registered or licensed elsewhere in Canada

With application


Application Fee - Applicant who is currently an EIT, GIT or ing.jr. with another Canadian regulatory body

With application

Application Fee is Waived

Registration/Licensing Fee (P.Eng., P.Geo., P.L.Eng., or P.L.Geo.)

After registration


Annual Fee – Professional Registrants (P.Eng. or P.Geo.)

Prorated, paid after registration


Annual Fee – Professional Licensees (P.L.Eng. or P.L.Geo.) 

Prorated, paid after registration


Annual Fee – Engineer-in-Training or Geoscientist-in-Training

Prorated, paid after registration



After Applying

Once all the required documents have been received, it takes approximately five to seven business days (two to four months for Professional Licensee applicants) to review your application and grant registration.

For information about checking the status of your application please see Application Status.

Upon registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC, you will be sent a notification email and your certificate of registration. Professional Engineers, Professional Geoscientists and Professional Licensees will also be issued a seal.