Engineers and Geoscientists BC

Registrant or Licensee Elsewhere in Canada

Apply Now

About This Category

Being a current registrant or licensee with another Canadian Association/Ordre allows you to more easily gain registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia. Becoming a registrant with Engineers and Geoscientists BC does not affect your status with other Canadian Associations/Ordre.

  • If you are a former Engineers and Geoscientists BC professional engineer, professional geoscientist, professional licensee (engineering or geoscience) please see Reinstatement of Status.
  • Please see Reinstatement of Status if you are a former trainee (EIT or GIT) with Engineers and Geoscientists BC and are seeking engineer-in-training or geoscientist-in-training status again.
  • If you are interested in working as a professional geoscientist on a short-term basis in Ontario, please visit the Incidental Practice in Ontario webpage for information on the application process.
  • When making an online application to Engineers and Geoscientists BC, professional engineers who are registered or licensed elsewhere in Canada may now also apply for professional registration or licence with Engineers Nova Scotia, Engineers PEI, or Engineers Yukon. This is possible under the Agreement to Facilitate Applications under the Agreement on Internal Trade. Application and registrant-related fees will be charged by each province/territory.

Who Can Apply

Professional Engineers, Professional Geoscientists, Professional Licensees, Engineers-in-Training, Geoscientists-in-Training, or Junior Engineers/ingénieurs juniors who are current members/licensees in good standing with another Canadian Association/Ordre.

How to Apply

All applications are submitted online.

Apply Now

Documents Required

  1. A completed online application.
  2. Certified* copies of 2 pieces of government-issued identification (ID) for registration. Both pieces of ID must contain the applicant’s full legal name, must be valid (i.e., not expired) at the time of registration, and at least 1 piece of ID must contain your photo. For more guidance on acceptable forms of IDs, please review the Guideline on Certified Identification Documents. Applicants are required to upload as 1 document through their application dashboard
  3. A resume (applicants for Professional Licensees only).
  4. Confirmation of Registration/Licensure (Engineers and Geoscientists BC will contact your indicated provincial/territorial Association(s)/Ordre. During the application process, you will be required to disclose your registration details for each of the Canadian associations/Ordres that you are registered with)

*To have your document certified, the copies of both your original IDs must be signed, dated and stamped by an acceptable certifying official. Please refer to the Guideline on Certified Identification Documents for a list of acceptable certifying officials and the steps for ID certification.

How Much Does It Cost?

Find more information about application and registration fees on the Fee Schedule.

Throughout your application process, you can expect fees for:

  • An application for registration (registered or licensed elsewhere in Canada).
  • Registration and licensing with practise rights (a one-time fee after registration is granted, which includes a seal and certificate).

After registration is granted, all registrants are subject to annual fees (prorated in the first year of registration).

After Applying

If you have further questions, you may find the answer on our Frequently Asked Questions.

Once all the required documents have been received, it takes approximately five to seven business days (two to four months for Professional Licensee applicants) to review your application and grant registration.

For information about checking the status of your application please see Application Status.

Upon registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC, you will be sent a notification email and your certificate of registration. Professional Engineers, Professional Geoscientists and Professional Licensees will also be issued a seal.