Engineers and Geoscientists in the Resource Sector Division
The Engineers and Geoscientists in the Resource Sector Division helps registrants provide exceptional professional engineering and professional geoscience services in support of sustainable, land-based resource development activities, as distinct from manufacturing and processing activities, while advancing workplace safety and protecting the public interest and environment.
Division members possess engineering and geoscience expertise that includes, but is not limited to, the mapping and assessment of terrain and related geological hazards, hazard and risk analysis, hydrologic analysis, and planning and design for access development and management. The Division promotes high professional standards and fosters continual improvement by providing a forum for collegial interaction amongst its members, Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, and the public.
We engage with the following objectives:
- Provide a forum for sharing of experience and discussion of current issues pertaining to the practice of engineering and geoscience in the resource sector.
- Promote high standards in engineering and geoscience related to resource activities.
- Promote and provide opportunities for continuing education and training for Division members.
- Promote awareness of the roles and specialized knowledge of professional engineers and geoscientists working within the resource sector.
For more about the history of the Division please visit our History page.
Current Division Executive
|Chair||Matt Kurowski, P.Eng.||[email protected]|
|Past Chair||Gino Fournier, P.Eng.||[email protected]|
|Vice Chair||Nelson Lee, P.Eng.||[email protected]|
|Treasurer||Jessica Stewart, P.Geo.||[email protected]|
|Secretary||Allan Chan, P.Eng.||[email protected]|
|AGM Coordinator||Colton Polsom, P.Eng.||[email protected]|
|Bursary Coordinator||Jennifer Sabean, P.Geo.||[email protected]|
|Webinar Coordinator||Victoria Stevens, P.Geo.||[email protected]|
|Communications Coordinator||Paul Mysak, P.Eng.||[email protected]|
|Member at Large||Rance Robazza, P.Eng.||[email protected]|
Recorded Webinars Available in the Knowledge Centre
- Engineers and Geoscientists in the Resource Sector Division Terms of Reference
- Division Resources – Practice Guidelines and other guidance
- Division Executive Meeting Minutes – Available upon request by emailing [email protected]
The Engineers and Geoscientists in the Resource Sector Division offers an annual bursary intended to provide financial assistance to students pursuing an accredited post-secondary or post-graduate program related directly to professional engineering and/or geoscience/geotechnique in the resource sector. Applicants must be enrolled in at least the third year of an undergraduate program or any year of a post-graduate program directly related to the practice of engineering and geoscience in the resource sector.
Forest Engineering Award of Excellence
The Forest Engineering Award of Excellence—sponsored jointly by Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia and the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP)—recognizes excellence and promotes cooperation and leadership in forest engineering in the broadest sense. Nominees may be individuals, organizations, or associations responsible for projects that demonstrate or represent outstanding accomplishments in forest engineering.
Please contact us at [email protected] or at the individual emails listed above.