Audit and Practice Review Committee Member
August 22, 2020
Open Until Filled
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Practice Review Committee is a statutory committee created by the Professional Governance Act (PGA) and reporting to Council. Its mandate is to administer the Audit and Practice Review Programs for individual and firm registrants in accordance with the PGA and bylaws.
Note: This Committee is undergoing a transition period, with the new Practice Review Program starting in January 2021, the new Continuing Education Program starting in July 2021, and the new Audit Program for firms and individual registrants starting in July 2022.
- Committee members report to Council.
- Adjudicate audit files and practice review files for individual and firm registrants;
- Review and make decisions on audit exemption applications and continuing education program exemption applications;
- Review and make decisions regarding suspensions and late fees for registrants relating to continuing education requirements;
- Delegate powers granted by Council to the Registrar and one or more other officers to appoint assessors;
- Provide advice to Engineers and Geoscientists BC on topics for remedial courses and/or training;
- Annually review and approve the risk criteria to be applied to the random selection process for individual registrant audits; and
- Attend meetings in person, by telephone, webcast or other electronic means of communication.
- A registrant with Engineers and Geoscientists BC with the authority to engage in the reserved practice; and
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience is preferred.
All applications, regardless of practice area, will be considered based on Committee needs.
- 2-year term, renewable to a 6-year maximum unless otherwise extended by Council.
- Meetings are held at least six times per year, virtually or if appropriate, in-person; and
- Before meetings members must review meeting agenda materials and be prepared to comment on the materials.
- Opportunity to advance the professions by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Contribute to your continued professional competency; and
- Expand your business network.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.