City of Vancouver Building Board of Appeal – Engineers and Geoscientists BC Representatives
June 15, 2023
Gathering Applicants for Next Vacancy
3 years in length, or until a successor is appointed.
- One member who is a consultant in fire and life safety
- Two members with expertise in one or more of the following areas of practice:
- Building Enclosure
The below information is from the City of Vancouver’s Building Board of Appeal webpage.
The Building Board of Appeal hears appeals of any decision of the Chief Building Official in respect of:
- Interpretation of the bylaw;
- Use of new methods of construction or materials;
- Determination of extent of upgrading existing buildings;
- Determination of an unsafe condition;
- Determination of extent of building upgrading affected by change of occupancy; and
- Reasons for revoking a permit.
For further information, review the Building Board of Appeal Bylaw.
Applications for this position will be reviewed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC. Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s nominees will be required to follow the City of Vancouver’s application process.
The Building Board of Appeal representatives for Engineers and Geoscientists BC will provide a summary of their activities to Engineers and Geoscientists BC on a semi-annual basis.
- Professional Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience practising in one or more of the following fields:
- Fire and life safety consulting;
- Building Enclosure; and
- Appointments are 3 years in length, or until a successor is appointed.
- Board Chairperson schedules meetings as necessary, depending on appeals received.
- Before each meeting, board members are required to review agenda items and be prepared for discussion.
- Vancouver Council may establish remuneration for Board members;
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Contribute to your continued professional competency; and
- Expand your business network.
Applications for this role are reviewed on a seasonal basis depending on program needs and position availability. You will be contacted when the next application review takes place. We appreciate your interest and look forward to connecting with you.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive and affirming environment that values and respects diversity of culture and identity, both within our organization and in our larger community.