Registration Competency Assessors
June 15, 2023
The Registration Competency Assessors play a vital role in the application process of prospective members.
Each application is reviewed and assessed by two engineers who practice the same discipline. As an assessor, you will be looking at the applications and verifying that they have met the experience/competency and education criteria for their area of expertise, then commenting on whether the applicant can be recommended for professional registration.
Duties and Expectations
- Conducted remotely, assessors will be looking at the applicant’s background information, application form, work experience details, and references.
- These assessments can be done at the time and location of the assessor’s choice within one month of receiving it.
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently an Engineers and Geoscientists BC P.Eng. member;
- Have at least five years of professional level experience in your stated area of practice;
- Currently working at a senior capacity preferred.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC urgently
requires assessors in the following disciplines:
The association is also looking for assessors and interviewers in the following disciplines:
- Mechanical (HVAC)
- Building Science /Energy Work
- Engineering physics
- Mechanical (general)
- Naval Architecture
Average Time Commitment
- A typical review will take approximately one to two hours of documentation review.
- The number of reviews requested of you will depend on the number of applications submitted related to your area of expertise.
Measures of Success
The successful volunteer will:
- Conduct professional reviews.
- Provide honest and constructive feedback regarding the applicants’ qualifications.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Learn new skills and expand your business network.
- Earn Continuing Education (CE) Hours towards your Engineers and Geoscientists BC regulatory CE requirements
- Volunteer appreciation.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.