Title: Senior Project Engineer
Department: LNG Engineering
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Job Status: Full Time Regular
- Are you a detailed-oriented individual with analytical skills beyond belief?
- Are you a master multi-tasker with skills of a professional juggler?
- Are you a natural at keeping multiple teams on the same page through different phases of a project?
We want to hear from you! Our 2,400 employees come to work every day to meet the energy needs of our customers safely, reliably, and affordably. Join the FortisBC family and be part of our LNG Operations and Engineering team.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the oversight of work carried out by engineer consultants, procurement teams, and construction companies throughout different phases of a project. You will guide the development of projects through project lifecycle management from scope development, regulatory compliance, detailed engineering, and more.
- Monitor EPC/engineering contractor’s deliverables and schedules;
- Manage requests for information (RFIs), decision logs, project costs, and maintain tracking logs for multiple projects;
- Communicate design information to the EPC/engineering contractor to ensure compliance of project requirements;
- Ensure established timelines/deadlines are met – not only for the EPC/engineering contractor but also for FortisBC personnel;
- Oversee the design and layout of individual projects ensuring that all aspects meet and satisfy the Company’s requirements;
- Develop project schedules using MS Project/Excel sheet;
- Provide status of consultant deliverables to the Project Manager and Engineering Manager;
- Generate project progress reports on a bi-weekly or monthly basis, if required;
- Develop scoping documents (e.g., DBM, Scope of Work) for different consultants at different phases of project, as required;
- Work with engineers and applicable teams to identify challenges and work towards the appropriate solutions;
- Carryout document control activities as required for the project;
- Ensure QA/QC and Audit Checking of deliverables as per procedure;
- Generate Minutes of meetings and develop agenda for the project meetings;
- Develop and update Project Action Register; and
- Generate Decision Support System document to facilitate project investment decisions.
- Review and provide visibility of onging projects to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager;
- Identify workflows and processes for projects; and
- Collaborate and build strong relationships to manage workflows among different stakeholders.
- Take further ownership and manage projects.
- P.Eng. designation in Canada;
- Minimum of 8–10 years of experience in oil and gas sector including LNG projects;
- Hands on field experience working in a live oil and gas facility including LNG facility;
- Experience working in a mega project environment;
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of engineering professionals;
- Experience leading interaction with regulatory aspects of the project;
- Must have excellent analytical and computational skills;
- Must have notable experience in design and execution of facilities projects;
- A proven track record in facility projects with a thorough working knowledge of the interfaces with other engineering disciplines, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, and assisting Operations during commissioning and start-up;
- Technical writing skills with the ability to create specifications, job procedures, and scope of work documents;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work collaboratively;
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner; and
- Good organizational and time management skills.