Zinc8 Energy Solutions is developing a range of energy storage products based on a novel zinc-air flow battery technology. An expanding market for these products exists in utility, commercial, industrial, microgrid and similar applications. With powerful backing and a committed engineering nucleus, Zinc8 is expanding its product development team to capitalize on this rare opportunity.
- Lead the scaling of our zinc storage system for the mass production of our configurable energy storage system.
- Lead the development of the liquid-solid distribution system which is scalable and configurable.
- Lead the development of our electrolyte management system that ensures constituent concentrations are monitored and adjusted continuously to ensure reliable operating conditions.
- Develop or implement existing sensing tools to improve the management of our slurry and electrolyte.
- Develop and implement a method of blending large volumes of electrolyte.
- Define and provide functional and design requirements of system to mechanical engineers.
- Define, plan, and execute both full- and small-scale experiments as needed.
- Work with mechanical designers/engineers to improve performance and reliability of the system.
- Develop a modelling tool that can be used to optimize performance and cost of our system.
- Collaborate with engineers and business development manager to advance a modular and scalable energy storage system.
- Registration or eligibility for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or other relevant fields.
- 10 years’ related experience.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience designing and implementing chemical process plants.
- Experience designing and implementing systems that manage multiple interconnected chemical processes.
- Experience designing and implementing systems for harsh chemical environments.
- Experience with transporting solids in fluids.
- Must have a strong understanding of electrochemical behavior.
- Experience specifying mixing tanks and mixers for liquid-solid mixing.
- Experience with prototype development and testing.
- Experience in product development.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- Experience designing for corrosive environments.
- Competence in analyzing data, and developing conclusions and recommendations.
- Advanced analytical and creative-thinking skills.
- Experience with thermodynamics, mass and energy, chemical process and product design, transport phenomena, and electrochemistry.
- Experience with CFD or other fluidic modelling tools is a plus.
- Experience with containerized systems.
- Experience in selecting and managing external suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ability to generate 3D models and assemblies and associated engineering drawings using SolidWorks is a plus.
- Experience with codes and standards.
- Experience designing for 3-phase (liquid, solid, gas) processes.
- Experience sizing and implementing heat exchangers for harsh chemical environments.
- Proficiency in using analytical/modelling tools for chemical process modelling (Aspen, Matlab, etc.).
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary with generous benefits. We promote an open and inclusive environment in which our colleagues are encouraged to be creative and resourceful.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Great location – close to the Canada Line, Marine Drive, SkyTrain station!