At BCIT, we champion diversity of experiences, ideas, cultures, and perspectives, to foster a community in which equality and inclusivity are embedded in everything we do. We embrace endless innovation, ignited by imagination and creativity, to improve our approaches, opportunities, and outcomes. We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do, to accomplish real, measurable results. We believe in the power of collaboration to amplify our efforts and begin every interaction with a foundation of respect for others’ expertise, insights, and inherent worth. Our overall vision is to empower people, shape BC, and inspire global progress. If this resonates with you, come join our team as we continue to provide practical education for a complex world.
BCIT is home to a diverse Mineral Exploration and Mining Department that offers a 2 year diploma program, a new 4 year Bachelor of Engineering degree program, a range of continuing education courses, and a developing research program. The Mining Department at BCIT offers a 4-year accredited Bachelor of Engineering program in addition to a 2-year Mineral Exploration and Mining Technology diploma program that provides the basis for the degree.
The degree is the first in a Canadian bachelor program to offer a combination of geology, mineral exploration, and mining, and prepares graduates to take a leading role in the discovery, evaluation, development, operation, and remediation of mineral resource projects. Program faculty are key to the success of the department through excellence in instruction, close ties with industry and by mentoring and motivating students to succeed.
The program is currently seeking a& permanent, full-time (1.0 FTE) Faculty who is enthusiastic, team-oriented and has broad knowledge of mining and mineral resource industries.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach diploma-level and degree-level courses. There may also be the opportunity of assisting the organization of and participating in student field trips of duration of up to one week.
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Graduate degree in mining engineering or geological engineering; applicants with a graduate degree in mining or geological engineering or other related field and with appropriate experience may be considered;
- Experience in mining engineering and/or mineral resource engineering is required;
- A strong understanding of the environmental, ethical, and social aspects of the modern mining industry is required;
- Current P.Eng. membership in good standing of Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- A strong understanding of engineering laws and ethics in Canada;
- Understanding of mineral resource estimation;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written);
- Organizational, leadership, and team skills; and
- Previous teaching or training experience preferred.
Please apply at: careers.bcit.ca/postings/2614