McElhanney has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Design Manager – Design Build/P3 with demonstrated leadership and strong technical capabilities to oversee the design management of major infrastructure projects across Western Canada, Ontario, and Washington State. This position is ideal for a Civil Engineer looking to advance their career from a strong design and project management background into a senior leadership role. The successful candidate will provide leadership, technical training, and oversight to a comprehensive team including engineers, senior designers, CADD operators, and other specialists on innovating a conceptual design through to construction of infrastructure projects.
This senior role offers the ability to be eligible for shareholding privileges in an employee owned company.
- Responsible for leading and developing the technical design of civil engineering works including:
- Participation in Major Design Build and P3 Infrastructure Projects,
- Roadway and Transportation Design,
- Geometrics and Laning Design,
- Utility Design, including Watermains, Sewers and Force Mains,
- Storm Sewer Design, and
- Construction staging and detour design.
- Provide technical direction, engineering design, and design management of projects from proposal stage, through conceptual design, detailed design, construction and completion stages.
- Utilize Microsoft Office, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MS Project or Primavera P6 for the creation and review of engineering designs, reports, proposals, and related documents.
- Work with team members to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved.
- Mentor, train, and support professional and junior staff.
- Provide planning, sales, and marketing assistance as required.
- Degree in civil engineering from an accredited institution and must have a minimum of 15 years progressive experience preferably in the Design Build/P3 industry.
- Experience managing projects ranging in capital values of $10 million to $250 million.
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. in BC, Alberta, or Ontario (or eligibility for registration). PE registration in Washington State is also an asset.
- Strong understanding of MMCD, TAC, BC MOTI, AB and ON, WSDOT design standards is an asset.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Scheduler), Adobe Acrobat (or Blue Beam), and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work well in a large team environment are essential.
- Highway 91/17 Sudbury Interchange, Delta BC
- Southwest Calgary Ring Road
- Robert Bank “Surrey Combo” Triple Rail Grade Separations
- Regina Ring Road, Saskatchewan
- 232nd Street Overpass, Langley
- Powel Street Overpass, Vancouver
- Port Mann Highway 1 – 152nd, 156th, 160, 200th and 202 Street Interchanges
- Sea to Sky Highway 99, Sections 1, 2 and 3 Horseshoe Bay to Lions Bay
- Warmen and Martensville Interchanges, Saskatchewan
For a full review of our projects, please visit our online portfolio: www.mcelhanney.com/portfolio
See our response to COVID 19: www.mcelhanney.com/2020/04/28/update-from-ceo/
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.