Canarc Resource Corp.—a Vancouver, BC, based junior gold exploration company focused on the acquisition, exploration, and development of precious metal projects in Canada and the United States is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Vice-President of Exploration. The company currently has exploration properties in British Columbia, Nunavut, and Nevada.
- Direct and manage the company’s exploration activities to meet the corporate objectives of making new deposit discoveries and expanding current deposits in the company’s property portfolio;
- Define, organize, and supervise exploration drilling and sampling programs;
- Prepare and manage exploration budgets and cost control;
- Supervise exploration staff and contractors;
- Oversee sampling QA/QC protocols and data management, and associated information used in the preparation of geological models to ensure that the all data is valid for use in NI 43-101 compliant Technical Reports;
- Oversee independent consultants for the preparation of NI43-101 compliant Technical Reports;
- Monitor and complete all requirements to maintain property titles in good standing;
- Participate in the development and implementation of corporate strategic plans;
- Seek, review, and evaluate potential new projects and opportunities;
- As and if required attend relevant conferences and prepare and present technical information on the company’s projects;
- Act as the Qualified Person for company news releases and presentations; and
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Company in the execution of its exploration and development activities.
- Professional geoscientist with a minimum of 15 years of increasingly senior experience in precious metals exploration, with extensive knowledge and experience with British Columbia and Canadian gold deposit exploration including field work and exploration camp experience;
- Current membership with a relevant professional geoscientist professional association;
- Familiar with British Columbia and Canadian exploration regulations and permitting requirements;
- Organizational, leadership, and management skills and ability to achieve the corporate goals;
- Experience in exploration program planning and optimization and able to direct the company’s exploration programs including target generation and drilling;
- Qualified person with experience in with NI43-101 Resource Technical Reports and resource estimation;
- Experience with stakeholder and government relations including technical presentations;
- Ability to work a portion of the time at site as required and to travel as required in order to review and evaluate alternative projects;
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); and
- Desire and passion to take ownership of the geological.
- An attractive salary and benefits package is being offered.
Interested parties should submit their resume to:
[email protected] Attention: President and Chief Operating Officer