Position Type: Contract Position
IFD Corporation is a thriving tech company located in Vancouver, BC. The company specializes in the development of a mechanical safety device that has been adopted by electrical utilities across North and South America.
With over 80% of all new distribution transformers in Canada shipping with an IFD sensor installed, rapid sales growth in the United States and international markets, an opportunity has become available for a Project Engineer who will help us meet our growing engineering demands and future product and technology goals.
The IFD team is a tightly knit group focused on delivering quality to our customers. We have a strong and open culture in which everyone on the team checks their egos at the door and rolls up their sleeves to get the job done…even if it means the CEO has to turn some wrenches.
A new QC jig needs to be designed and built to keep pace with growth of the company. This system will be an ergonomic blend of mechanical and electrical systems to allow operators to quickly, accurately, and efficiently test sensors. Presently, this QC jig is a four stage, pneumatically driven system that activates the sensor with a pressure wave, resets it, and then brands it to validate that the sensor has passed testing. We are looking for an engineer to design the system and manage the build, ideally working in-office alongside the IFD engineering team.
Project commencement date: May 1, 2020
Project duration: 7 months
- Engineering degree (electrical or mechatronics preferred);
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Experience with manufacturing and QC systems, jig design, and assembly;
- Highly proficient English communication skills (verbal and written);
- Familiarity with safety guidelines on manufacturing systems; and
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- Design, build, and test a QC system comprising of mechanical and electrical systems, including pneumatics and electrical controls;
- Project management (planning, budgeting, risk management, communication);
- Interfacing with design and manufacturing teams; and
- Document the designed system.
To request further information or to forward your resume and portfolio, please contact:
Audrey Siebert-Timmer Manager, Products and Engineering
IFD Corporation would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.