We’re seeking a motivated individual with a consulting mindset who understands how to provide strong client service. In this role, you will work alongside our Saskatoon team in translating high-level conceptual designs into preliminary drawings all the way through to detailed design drawings for construction. The professional engineering role requires delivering infrastructure planning, design, and construction projects for our clients. The delivery process involves working alongside our diverse team of engineering, planning, and production specialists at each important step for our client projects. You can also expect to be involved in:
- Leading the continued growth of our engineering practice in the local market by leveraging existing client relationships and generating new client opportunities;
- Acting as a client leader by developing and maintaining relationships while strengthening our market position;
- Leveraging the in-house expertise of our broader engineering practice and working together to develop client relationships and deliver project work;
- Providing technical leadership and oversight on our engineering project needs in the Saskatchewan market for a wide range of projects to ensure we are delivering high-quality work to our clients; and
- Coaching and mentoring a team of younger professionals - creating the ideal environment for learning, clarity and knowledge transfer.
To ensure a successful launch, we will partner you with coaches, who will help you gain experience across the breadth of our interdisciplinary practice locally and across the company to become a successful consultant at Urban Systems.
Our Saskatoon practice is thriving, and we continue to grow our team to serve our clients here and elsewhere throughout the company. The conditions and accommodations around COVID-19 have helped to strengthen our resolve for client service. Now, as much as ever, our business remains in a very confident position. We believe that right now is an incredible opportunity for a Civil Engineer to find a better workplace and more prosperous growth trajectory with our firm.
Our ideal candidate will have a civil engineering degree with 10 years of relevant post-graduate experience and be registered (or eligible for registration) as a professional engineer with APEGS.
We believe a successful candidate would need to possess the following strengths and interests to excel in this position:
- Broad civil engineering knowledge and experience (municipal and/or land development experience is an asset);
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office software products;
- Ability to lead preliminary and detailed engineering design project scopes including municipal utilities, drainage, site development, and roadways;
- Act as engineer of record for projects involving design drawings, specifications, cost estimates, schedules and tender documents;
- Strong understanding of design guidelines, contract documents, and contract administration;
- Understanding of municipal design software is an asset;
- Field experience is an asset;
- Passion for serving communities throughout Saskatchewan;
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and ability to confidently relate to our clients;
- Strong project management skills;
- Effective communication skills (technical, written and verbal);
- Ability to produce high-quality work under challenging circumstances;
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with others; and
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.