“On Point is a collaborative, team environment fully supported by management. We work on a variety of projects that challenge your skill set and encourage learning and growing.” – Elisabeth N., Senior Civil Engineer (3.5 years with On Point)
On Point Project Engineers is a leading consulting engineering firm in Greater Victoria. We are civil engineers specializing in municipal, transportation, and land-use engineering. Our team is hard working, passionate about our work, and committed to our projects and clients. If you are one of the best and want to work with the best, we want you on our team. Join us and work on projects that challenge and excite you with a team that will inspire you.
One Highway Civil Engineer/Designer for full-time employment. Responsibilities include:
- Working in the capacity of highway and major roadway project engineer/designer on medium-to-large projects in the Greater Victoria Area;
- Delivering detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses;
- Performing geometric design and 3D modelling on a variety of road and highway projects for municipal, provincial, and federal markets ranging from urban streets to major highways;
- Providing support for other engineering activities as required and coordinating work with other disciplines;
- Developing and/or supervising the creation of engineering products that meets and exceeds customer quality requirements, including defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status;
- Maintaining affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies;
- Communicating effectively both orally and in writing, i.e., preparing correspondence, written reports, presentations;
- Providing input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and junior staff on collaborative projects; and
- Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 8–12 years of related work experience with road and highway projects.
- P.Eng. licence in British Columbia (or eligible within 12 months) is preferred. AScT with 12+ years of related experience is also accepted.
- Strong background in AutoCAD Civil 3D modelling is a necessity.
- Experience with Ministry of Transportation and Municipalities in British Columbia is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, and an in-depth knowledge of industry practices, partners, and regulations are required.
- Working knowledge of local design codes and standards such as MMCD, TAC, and BC MoTI.
- Ability to lead efforts in design and compiling construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Ability to write technical sections of reports and proposals.
- Share our core values:
- Providing an exceptional client experience.
- Pride in your results.
- Confident in your contributions.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter, to [email protected] to the attention of Martin Erchid and include “Highway Civil Engineer/Designer” in the subject line.