Omicron Canada Inc. (Omicron) is one of the largest integrated development, design, and construction firms in Western Canada, combining the expertise of more than 135 Architects, Interior Designers, Engineers, Building Assessment Experts, Real Estate Development Strategists, Cost Estimators, Project Managers, Construction Personnel, and Corporate Support Professionals.
Omicron creates a better experience for clients in the Retail, Institutional, Renewals, Commercial, Industrial and Residential sectors from offices in Vancouver and Victoria.
Omicron has a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and is an innovative, sustainable, and award-winning organization focused on success for clients and staff alike. Omicron was a winner of Canada's Best Managed Companies program in 2009 and has requalified every year since.
- You embody our culture of solution finding and pioneering new ideas through your behaviour and interactions with others.
- You are able to see beyond immediate issues, summarize requirements and needs, and create forward looking solutions.
- You lead and support teams to enhance their technical skills and knowledge, providing them with feedback for growth.
- You are concise and articulate in your speech and writing.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and hold all your work to a high personal standard.
- You are proactive and take initiative; you see something that needs doing and you get it done right.
- You enjoy working in a cross functional collaborative environment alongside your colleagues and bring a friendly, can-do attitude to your workplace.
- You are able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail.
- You are candid and comfortable when working with our internal teams and external partners. You are receptive and adaptive to feedback and pushback when approaches or timelines change.
As the Electrical Engineer/Senior Electrical Engineer, you will perform the conceptual and detailed design of building electrical systems in an integrated environment within our Renewals Team. You will coordinate design, working drawings, and specifications with our in-house design teams and construction managers and will work closely with other engineering disciplines and architects.
- Review and assess existing electrical systems and prepare condition reports;
- Prepare feasibility studies;
- Provide technical advisory services to clients for specific projects in respect to electrical engineering;
- Work on a wide range of project assignments within the electrical buildings field, including power distribution, lighting, life safety systems and communication (RF/WiFi) systems, and evaluate their effectiveness;
- Prepare analysis to determine effective repair alternatives;
- Develop and strengthen existing skills and deliver engineering projects in accordance with client requirements and in line with company and industry best practice;
- Undertake internal technical reviews and verification checks on analysis, reports, designs and associated advice;
- Support a project delivery team and carry out contract administration and field reviews for projects under construction; and
- Maintain excellent client service through project delivery; ensuring strong communication with clients and acting on client feedback.
- 5+ years professional experience registered as a P.Eng. in electrical engineering with a focus on buildings;
- Experience performing Building Condition Assessment and/or Depreciation Report/Reserve Fund Studies;
- Eligible for registration in Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Familiarity with the electrical engineering environment for the detailed design drawings, tender package specifications, feasibility studies, budget estimates, shop drawing reviews, commissioning, and condition assessments;
- Understanding of building construction and building electrical systems;
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with AutoCAD and REVIT;
- Detailed working knowledge of the BC Building Code and the National Building Code of Canada; and
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code.
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.