Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Generation Field Maintenance Senior Engineer
Job Number: BCH-T-0886-190109E1
Job Location: Revelstoke Generating Station, British Columbia, Canada
Job Status: Full-time Temporary
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth, and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 4 years in a row.
It’s our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
- Will support Revelstoke Generating Station with engineering support.
- Works with crews on maintenance issues and troubleshooting and resolving equipment problems.
- Is technically responsible for reviewing, revising, and making recommendations on the Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Acts as technical lead on various equipment problems, EHR (Equipment Health Rating) and RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) in the generating station.
- Is responsible for providing technical support and leadership to maintenance crews and management, for assisting in the development of capital plans and plant improvement projects, and ensuring all project and capital work is completed optimizing unit availability.
- Occasional support including travel to Mica Generating Station may be required.
- Preferably a degree in electrical engineering, however mechanical engineering will be considered.
- Registered, or eligible for immediate registration, as a professional engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of hydro-electric generation.
- Ability to provide work leadership or technical direction to engineers and/or other technical support staff.
- Ability to develop innovative methods of analysis for complex electrical and mechanical issues.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate various complex technical studies and data.
- Well-developed analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various internal and external sources for the purposes of gathering and relaying information, resolving issues of concern, etc.
- Proven ability to work well with crews and peers.
- This posting is intended to be headquartered at Revelstoke Generating Station to support the Upper Columbia area, but there is potential flexibility for the employee to perform the role headquartered at Mica Generating Station. Mica GS has a modified work week, camp accommodations, and incentives for remote location. The headquarters location will be discussed with the selected candidate.
- Please note this is a temporary opportunity until approximately September 30, 2019.
- A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain your Driver's License: Class 5 In Good Standing.
- Applicants who do not meet full qualifications or those with lesser work experience may be considered for an Intermediate Engineer position.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by January 24, 2019.
To access the job posting, visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work.
- We are safe.
- We are here for our customers.
- We are one team.
- We act with integrity.
- We respect our province.
- We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.