Twin Peaks Engineering Ltd. is a Whistler based Consulting Structural Engineering firm providing engineering services within the Sea to Sky Corridor.
Twin Peaks Engineering Ltd. is a fast-growing and well-respected consulting engineering firm with an impressive list of repeat clients and high-end projects.
Twin Peaks Engineering Ltd. is looking for a motivated and skilled Structural Technician (Javelin Software) to join our Structural Engineering Department in our Whistler office, British Columbia. We are looking for candidates with the correct mix of technical and problem-solving skills that will assist in development of detailed structural design and analysis models using Weyerhaeuser Javelin® Software. The ideal candidate will have experience in modelling and design analysis using Weyerhaeuser Javelin® Software for residential construction, multi-family residential and light commercial structures. Training in Weyerhaeuser Javelin® Software will be provided for the ideal candidate with a strong background in computer modelling and analysis.
We offer a flexible work environment with a competitive hourly rate employment contract. Set your own work hours to ensure project completion, be compensated for every hour worked, all whilst being able to maintain a work life balance and enjoy the mountain lifestyle that Whistler has to offer.
- Modelling of residential, multifamily and light commercial structural structures using Weyerhaeuser Javelin® Software to assist the Intermediate, Senior, and Principal Engineers in the development of detailed structural design;
- Application of design loads and analysis of structures under direction and supervision of the Intermediate, Senior, and Principal Engineers;
- Review of structure performance and provide assistance to the Intermediate, Senior, and Principal Engineers for adequate structural element sizing and load run down requirements;
- Preparation of framing shop drawings for structural and contractor review;
- Liaison with the drafting team for preparation of detailed structural drawings for Building Permit and Issued for Construction submission;
- Work with our drafting team for preparation of design drawings. Review drawings to ensure compliance with design intent and provide drafting assistance to the drafting team as required;
- Review of contractor submitted shop drawings for compliance with design intent;
- Management of the OQM process and conformance; and
- Completion of miscellaneous administrative tasks within the office such as preparing Building Permit submission documents, etc.
- Diploma of technology or certificate from a nationally accredited program or equivalent;
- 2 or more years’ experience in structural modelling and drafting;
- Registration as a CTech or AScT with ASTTBC, or eligibility to be registered;
- Proficiency in Weyerhaeuser Javelin® Software preferred but not essential;
- Experience in Building Information Modeling (BIM);
- Proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD preferred but not essential.
- Experience working with Canadian codes and design standards;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Be able to communicate effectively in English both written and oral; and
- Flexibility to manage changing priorities on short notice.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Structural Technician looking to take the next step in their career whilst maintaining an excellent work life balance within beautiful Whistler, BC.
Please respond to this advertisement via email and include a brief description of your current situation and a copy your latest resume.
Only candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted.