The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Victoria, invites applications for an Assistant Teaching Professor with eligibility for tenure in the area of software engineering.
For full details, please visit our website at www.uvic.ca/opportunities/faculty-librarian/current/eeng_220_101.php.
The University of Victoria is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of software engineering. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Preference will be given to women who wish to qualify for preferential consideration by self-identifying.
Qualified candidates will have:
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related discipline at the time of appointment. Candidates who are close to completing their PhD may also be considered.
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering, inclusive of the ability to effectively teach core undergraduate courses in the areas of: software development, software testing, requirements engineering, software architecture and evolution, software quality, and human computer interactions.
- Experience in and ability to effectively teach in areas including cyber-security and privacy, software system scalability, and modern large-scale software deployment regimes and methodologies is an asset.
- Demonstration of outstanding teaching abilities evidenced by data, testimonials, and other forms of documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to teach to a diverse student body with a wide range of perspectives, experience, and cultures.
- Ability to give effective feedback to diverse students. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an academic unit.
- Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) registration in the province of British Columbia (or eligibility to register) is a necessary condition for the appointment. Please clearly indicate your status or eligibility.