Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
Our award-winning engineers embrace a trailblazing spirit by challenging conventional thinking, questioning the status-quo, and expressing our passion to use engineering to make the world a better place. We recognize that our projects must serve the interests of our communities for the long term. Therefore, our teams specialize in bridges and structures, transportation, municipal infrastructure and roadways, water resources, land development, geotechnical, construction, and electrical engineering services. From senior management to our most junior recruits, we are partners in solving our clients’ challenges.
Join our team of local professionals working in the great community of Campbell River that boasts all the amenities of urban living next to some of the most spectacular natural settings in the world!
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. has an opportunity for a Civil/Municipal Engineer to join our team in Campbell River! This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a challenging opportunity in civil/municipal engineering, with skills to be utilized on a wide variety of engineering projects. The ideal individual will come with solid experience in dealing with municipal engineering projects, including land development, stormwater management; floodplain management and pumping systems. Preference would be given to candidates with 3 or more years of civil/municipal engineering experience as a registered professional engineer.
- Lead diverse civil projects; envision, manage, and carry out engineering design for various types of civil projects, from proposal stage through commissioning of the work.
- Provide detailed design support and production of engineering designs, drawings, and specifications that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards for various civil projects, including municipal, road works, bridges, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of documents required for approvals, prepare development and construction cost estimates, tender documents and contracts, and coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved.
- Develop new business opportunities and establish strategic relationships with key clients, agencies, and partners.
- Exceed client expectations by leading multidisciplinary teams, providing mentorship and guidance to junior and intermediate engineers and technical staff.
- Education and background in water resource and hydrotechnical engineering, with minimum 3 years’ progressive experience.
- Registration (in good standing) as a professional engineer (P. Eng.) in British Columbia, or eligibility for registration.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written English language communications skills.
- Experience in general civil/municipal related projects such as road and utility construction, land development, and storm water management design.
- Hydrotechnical experience is considered a significant asset for proposed candidates, as projects are often related to watershed and drainage studies, drainage infrastructure design and construction, and understanding of stormwater guidelines, policies, and bylaws.
- Familiarity with environmental permitting processes and procedures.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.