Closing Date: September 14, 2021
Please apply at: Career Opportunities City of Kamloops
At the City of Kamloops, we believe in progressive and barrier free recruitment for everybody everyday. This means employment opportunities for all in a safe, inclusive and diverse workplace. We know our city is stronger when we hire qualified individuals from different backgrounds with diverse experiences, cultures and perspectives.
We are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops! Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a permanent, full-time project coordinator – capital projects position with the City of Kamloops! If you enjoy the challenge of project coordination for design and construction work for a variety of capital infrastructure projects, this position may be a perfect fit for you. We are looking for a team player with excellent planning, organization, and coordination skills. Let us know that you are interested in this position and apply today.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent;
- Completion of a two-year diploma in civil engineering technology or equivalent;
- Eligible for certification as an applied science technologist with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC);
- Certified MMCD contract administrator, or the ability to obtain within 6 months;
- Minimum 5 years' previous experience as a construction inspector or in design and field inspection of municipal facilities including waterworks, sewerage, roads, and structures including at least 2 years of recent contract administration experience;
- Valid class 5 BC driver's licence; and
- Must be prepared to participate in and successfully complete a supervisory training program.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
Please note that this is a new job classification, and the pay grade is subject to agreement between the Employer and the Union.
Hourly Rate: $45.25
Hours & Days of Work: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Hours per Week: 35
Please note if you need assistance or have individual needs or requirements throughout the application process, contact the Human Resources Department by telephone (250)828-3439, email [email protected] or in person at 105 Seymour Street so we can better support you.
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online; be sure to read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest. Please be sure to review the application requirements for each job you apply to and note that only those selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted.