An employee-owned, Canadian company, Associated Engineering provides a broad base of consulting engineering services in the transportation, infrastructure, water, environmental, building, energy, and asset management sectors. We currently have an opening for a Bridge/Structural Engineer in our Vancouver office.
You will join a diverse and vibrant team of engineers and technologists delivering a wide range of bridge and transportation infrastructure-related projects in western Canada. You are enthusiastic to grow and improve your skills in a collaborative environment. Working autonomously and with others you will have opportunities to further develop your engineering skills, such as in project management or technical specialty. You will be responsible for undertaking a variety of bridge projects for a varied client base including the BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, BC Ministry of Forest Lands and Natural Resource Operations, Municipalities, and private sector clients. You will also participate in the delivery of all aspects of bridge projects ranging from inspection and management of bridge inventories; assessment and rehabilitation of bridges; conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of bridges; and preparation and administration of contracts. Duties will include design and analysis of new and existing structures, condition assessments, project management, participation in business development, and preparation of proposals.
- Undergraduate degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Eligible for professional registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in structural engineering.
- Experience with inspection, design, specifications, scheduling, cost estimating, tendering, and construction of bridges.
- Proven technical and Project Management skills.
- Project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Committed team player.