Plans, manages, executes, and controls one or multiple assigned infrastructure and engineering projects involving larger scope, risk, impact, and sensitivity. Ensures the successful delivery according to enterprise engineering project management standards, governance, and procedures.
- Plans, manages, executes, and controls all aspects of assigned capital projects involving larger scope, risk, impact, and sensitivity, in alignment with the divisional strategy and departmental objectives.
- Leads the strategic planning of the assigned capital projects, including defining the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management; creating business cases/justifications and work plans, determining the objectives and measurements, determining the budget, resources, and stakeholders; setting up the project schedule and review plan.
- Manages and monitors the assigned projects throughout the implementation stage, including executing the project according to project plan; creating project management records and documentations; monitoring the project progress and financial status of project. Anticipates and proactively manages change throughout the project life cycle.
- Prepares contracts, Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Tender documents for projects, including terms and conditions, scope of work definition, technical requirements, and specifications, project-specific requirements, and project schedule constraints.
- Presents and reports the project progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones, and key project metrics to senior leadership teams. Provides suggestions and recommendations to the senior leadership teams on risk management and project delivery.
- Manages cross functional project teams and stakeholders across the enterprise. Develops and maintains a respectful and productive relationship with all stakeholders. Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of the project.
- Provides expert advice and recommendations on engineering project management standards, governance, and procedures to continuously improve the enterprise project management practices.
- Provides technical and project management guidance to Project Managers and Project Coordinators at lower levels.
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired through completion of a university degree in engineering and/or business, and a PMP certification is required. Requires 7 years of previous experience in engineering project management.
University degree in electrical or electronics engineering is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts, and practices of project management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills, to resolve critical and high impact issues.
- Advanced time management and organization skills to balance and coordinate effort across multiple, concurrent activities.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid technical skills in business and project management computer applications and databases.
- Automatic Train Control (ATC)
- Data Network and Telecommunications
- SCADA System
- AC and DC Power and Distribution Systems
- Operational Safety Systems
- Testing and Commissioning (T&C) Activities
- Focused on positive customer interactions and project outcomes.
- Familiar with managing the full Systems Engineering project cycle.
- Soliciting expectations and requirements from both technical and non-technical parties.
- Translating expectations, needs, and wants into design/build work packages.
- Managing design/build contracts.
- Interpreting and resolving trade-off decisions.
- Verifying solutions and validating outcomes.
- Managing and building consensus amongst executive-level stakeholders.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario, and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
Salary: Starting from $101,116 per annum.
The Total Compensation Package includes Extended Health, Dental, Transit Pass, and enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan. Focus on your development through tuition reimbursement, training, and mentorship programs. Enjoy a variety of health and wellness programs, including access to gym facilities. Speak to us to know more about what we offer.
Visit www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.