Closing Date: April 2, 2020
Are you passionate about digital engineering and geoscience systems and applications?
Reporting to the Program Director, Renew Operational Systems, the Manager Engineering Systems Delivery, RACE21™ is responsible for efficient portfolio delivery of multiple system renewal projects. Projects may include delivery of coordinated mine planning and scheduling, strategic optimization, surveying, metallurgical accounting, production statistics, and reporting systems. Providing leadership to a global project portfolio, which may exceed $20 million and generate more than $100 million in annual business value!
Being part of the RACE21™ team, you’ll be leading the charge of a company-wide renewal of technology and infrastructure – a high-tech transformation of mining into the next generation!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures;
- Own the definition, planning, delivery, and operational readiness of a complex portfolio of coordinated off-the-shelf and custom developed engineering, geoscience, and supply chain system renewal projects across Teck operations globally;
- Run project budgets and forecasts as well as the allocation of resources between projects within the portfolio. In addition to support purchasing teams in negotiating for products and services;
- Build and be responsible for a team of contract technology professionals, and establish partnerships with strategic suppliers to meet delivery and sustainment objectives
- Develop and cultivate relationships across all operations using contacts to facilitate alignment of project objectives with RACE21™ program strategy and overall objectives;
- Deliver on improvement efficiencies and effectiveness via continuous monitoring of core metrics, key performance indicators, and other critical success factors; and
- Work with sustainment teams to develop and execute operational readiness plans ensuring effective transition to operations. Along with executing organizational change techniques to improve adoption of new technologies.
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related field;
- 10 years of increasingly senior-level experience delivering and supporting mine or process engineering, geoscience, or supply chain systems;
- Experienced in agile software development, systems architecture, design thinking, and integration;
- Ability to work comfortably with a high degree of autonomy in an environment of fast paced change and ambiguity;
- Validated leadership capabilities, including the skills to motivate, coach, and mentor employees and to work strategically and reciprocally across departments;
- Excellent program- and project-management skills and strong knowledge of business analysis techniques;
- Strong dedication to customer-service and the ability to maintain positive relationships with business partners and strategic suppliers;
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving abilities while being able to influence and negotiate; and
- Proficient in English. Spanish would be an asset.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.