At Williams Engineering Canada, we brighten the lives of people in our community.
We believe in the value of shared knowledge to better consult, create, and encourage diverse perspectives, to provide innovative solutions across the busiest cities and the most remote regions of Western and Northern Canada. We recognize that our people do much more than engineer solutions and solve our clients’ greatest challenges; they have the opportunity to impact the communities in which they live, work, and build relationships in. In order to make a positive impact on our communities, we must start by positively impacting our own people. To us, this means providing fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and an open-door team environment. This also means maintaining a healthy work-life balance, which is why we offer a flexible work environment to support the unique and busy lives that our people lead.
Responsible for providing strategic direction to the Service Line, cross-discipline marketing, and business development, and developing a strong team of engineers and technologists to support the ongoing growth of the organization.
In addition, act as a technical leader on various healthcare, institutional, and government projects, and demonstrating the technical capability while understanding project requirements clearly. Provide exceptional customer service and coordination assistance with internal and external project partners (consultants, contractors, etc.).
- Overseeing the design process, provide effective options and solutions to design problems, mitigating WEC’s exposure and protecting client relationships.
- In conjunction with the Branch Administrator and other Engineering Managers, develop standards and procedures for, quality, efficiency, safety, cost reduction, client service, and ensure they are followed by your Service Line.
- Lead the preparation of proposals for major projects.
- Working with the Project Manager/Relationship Manager/Director, support the development of lasting relationships with clients.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manage, motivate, train, mentor, and Service Line direct reports according to company policies and guidelines.
- With advice from the Team Lead(s), forecast workload for staffing targets and participate in recruitment and termination of team mates.
- Develop direct reports’ Career Paths and provide performance appraisals, with input from the Director, Engineering Services.
- Manage cost and time components of the Service Line to ensure profitability.
- Work with Human Resources to develop and deliver in-house technical training on areas of expertise.
- Perpetuate, clarify, and embody WEC Purpose and Core Values.
- Team mates are required to adhere to the company policies and guidelines as well as the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.
- P.Eng. or C.E.T. designation.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or diploma in engineering technology.
- 12+ years experience in consulting engineering or related field.
- Experience in a management, supervisory or mentorship role.
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a person who listens well, respects diversity of opinions, and has an open, clear, and succinct communication style.
- Strong presentation and project management skills.
- The ability to recognize and accurately define problems and solutions by collecting data and establishing facts to draw valid conclusions.
- A results-oriented and decisive individual with the ability to delegate effectively.
- A people-oriented leader with a reputation for successfully attracting, mentoring, and motivating a team.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Strong contacts in the engineering community and a persuasive presentation and communication style.
- Experience and good judgement to plan and accomplish ambitious but achievable goals.
- Ability to represent the company to WEC team mates, clients, and community by ensuring the best image is presented.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Ability to facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Possesses strong understanding in the area of at least one engineering discipline.
- Application knowledge of WEC systems and programs (including MS Office 365, Deltek Vision, and discipline specific drafting/design software.)