One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture, and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
The City of Coquitlam is seeking an innovative and driven Environmental Sustainability Manager who will be responsible for implementation of the City’s environmental sustainability and climate action goals and plans. The Environmental Sustainability Manager will also be responsible for tracking energy consumption and emissions for civic facilities, corporate operations, and the broader community, and developing strategic plans, projects, and initiatives to achieve the City’s environmental sustainability goals and targets.
The Environmental Sustainability Manager will also lead a team that is responsible for advancing overall corporate environmental sustainability, developing related corporate and community education and outreach (in collaboration with the Environmental Education and Enforcement Section), and coordinating technical projects and procedures related to facilities and operational energy efficiency.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing strong partnerships with a variety of key internal and external stakeholders; which would include community groups, business sectors, other levels of government, and utilities related partners (BC Hydro, FortisBC, etc.).
- Post-Secondary degree in engineering, energy management, resource management, environmental science or related field with appropriate certifications or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Valid professional designation or certification in the Province of BC as a professional engineer, registered professional planner, community energy manager or related is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of related progressive experience, preferably in a municipal government setting, and can demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Sound experience in project management, business case development, budget management and contract management.
- Sound knowledge of the principles, processes, and practices related to corporate and community policy development, strategic planning, and federal and provincial legislation.
- Knowledge of current and emerging sustainability principles, practices regulations, and technologies related to energy management, GHG emissions reduction, and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including facilitation, collaboration, conflict resolution, and relationship building.
- Proficient in analyzing, tracking, and reporting out data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
The City offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a police security clearance evaluation.
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55 PM on September 30, 2020.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.>
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.