Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: T&D Work Program Manager
Job Number: BCH-T-6657-190205E2
Job Location: Burnaby (Edmonds), British Columbia, Canada
Job Status: Full-time Temporary
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth, and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 4 years in a row.
It’s our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
As a Work Program Manager in Program & Contract Management (PCM), the successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of maintenance, regulatory, and/or capital programs for Transmission Substations.
The successful candidate will:
- Define and implement maintenance, regulatory, and/or capital programs within established budget, scope, and schedule while meeting quality, reporting, and safety objectives.
- Develop and execute strategies to maximize efficiency and delivery of programs.
- Lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures related to the delivery of work across multiple programs.
- Work with Integrated Planning to prioritize, estimate and schedule work.
- Work with our delivery partners in Engineering, Field Operations, Construction Services, Powertech, Procurement, Environment, Indigenous Relations, FVO, Safety, etc. to deliver program scope on time and on budget.
- Monitor and forecast on programs spend and work completions and implement change control as necessary.
- Seek new technology, processes, and products that will improve the delivery of current and future work.
- Monthly reporting meetings on program progresses within PCM and to key Stakeholders in other business groups.
- Develop, implement, and manage multi-year contracts; oversee contractor performance and supplier relationship management; approve and track commitments and manage payments/accruals within assigned programs.
- Must have at minimum a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, applied sciences, business, or equivalent. The combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Program and/or Project Manager (preferably in a utility, engineering or construction environment), with strong exposure to compliance related work, procurement, contract development and supplier performance.
- This is a Full-Time Temporary opportunity for a period of 12–18 months.
- In addition, the following skillsets are desired and will be part of evaluation:
- Must be able to effectively manage multi-disciplinary program teams and oversee external contractors.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent is considered an asset.
- Professional designation in engineering/forestry or equivalent is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of BC Hydro Program Management Practices and Information Systems is an asset.
- Candidate should be driven, self-motivated, have strong planning and organizational skills, and be able to work in a fast-paced and sometimes unstructured environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to explain technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, relationship, interpersonal, and facilitation skills to confidently manage multidisciplinary teams and work with a number of stakeholders: asset managers, engineers, contractors, indigenous relations, safety, environment, FVO, Properties and field crews, etc.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by February 18, 2019.
To access the job posting, visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the 'Apply' button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking, and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in BC. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work.
- We are safe.
- We are here for our customers.
- We are one team.
- We act with integrity.
- We respect our province.
- We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.