McElhanney has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Supervisor to join our team within the disciplines of civil or structural inspections. In this role, you will be a key player in helping us expand our construction services team for existing and prospective clients. As a self-motivated problem solver, you excel in client-facing roles that allow you to think on the spot. You have been seeking an opportunity to grow and develop your technical, leadership, and client management skills, and enjoy being outdoors.
This supervisory role is ideal for an adaptable individual who enjoys diverse challenges and thrives in team environments. You will work on construction projects in various locations throughout western Canada and be the main point of contact on behalf of the project owner. If you are a natural team leader who enjoys challenges and proactively solves problems in a team environment, we want to hear from you!
Please note that the successful individual will have the flexibility to work from any of our McElhanney offices.
- Lead or assist in the development of construction specifications and contract tender documents.
- Provide on-site contractor supervision to monitor the quality and progress of the work being performed.
- Interpret contract specifications, and special provisions to ensuring contractual conformance.
- Supervise staff and construction projects from start to finish.
- Manage the work to comply with the available budget and schedule, including tracking and forecasting costs.
- Maintain inventories of bid item quantities and generate monthly progress payments.
- Provide reporting of work progress and issue construction memos to contractor as required.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to entry-level staff, and oversee material testing and surveying operations.
- Identify field and design issues, facilitate corrective measures, and perform constructability reviews.
- Liaise with contractor, client, and affected stakeholders during construction operations.
- Understand, commit to and fulfill responsibilities under the McElhanney Quality Management System, ISO 9001 and all client quality, safety, and environmental management systems.
- Ensure team is motivated and on track, project deadlines are met within budget, and quality of work meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Preferably 5 years of field or construction related experience as assistant supervisor/inspector.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field.
- Ability to travel up to 50% or more of the time: 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, with a 4-5-day home rotations typically occurring every month (timed with statutory long weekends).
- Willingness to commit to construction projects for the duration of the project.
- Experience with municipal or highways or bridge, construction projects; consulting experience an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Hwy 29 - Halfway River Bridge | Site “C” (Fort St. John)
- Mount Lehman Interchange – (Abbotsford, BC)
- Highway 1 Twinning through Banff, Yoho, and Glacier National Parks
- Highway 91/17 Sudbury Interchange Project (Delta, BC)
- Highway 93 and 95 Maintenance and Safety Improvements in Kootenay National Parks
- Highway 1 Keith Seymour Interchange and Lower Lynn Connectivity Project (North Vancouver)
- Comox Valley Airport Runway and Terminal Improvements – (Vancouver Island)
- Hwy 13 – 4 Lane Expansion and Border Improvements – (Aldergrove, BC)
For a full review of our projects, please visit our online portfolio: www.mcelhanney.com/portfolio
See our response to COVID 19: www.mcelhanney.com/2020/04/28/update-from-ceo/
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.