Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions operates one of Canada’s premier vehicle processing terminals, employing approximately 325 union and exempt staff. Located on Annacis Island, we receive, accessorize and distribute new vehicles from a wide range of manufacturers to locations throughout Canada.
We are currently seeking a full time Industrial Engineer to promote continuous improvements at our facilities, ensuring efficiencies and standardization of work processes.
- Developing efficient work processes to maximize productivity.
- Reducing risk of injury by applying ergonomic principles.
- Establishing direct labour standards through time study analysis.
- Supporting lean waste reduction workshop activity.
- Validating facility cost saving analysis associated with labour efficiency improvement activity.
- Participating in the quotation of new business by understanding customer requirements, analyzing processes, and determining direct labour needs.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or an equivalent in education and experience.
- Registration as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC, or eligibility for registration, is required.
- A proven track record with industrial engineering knowledge/experience in any of the following is a plus: TQM, JIT, Kaizen, 5S, Visual Factory Management, ISO, Six Sigma certification, AutoCAD.
- Must be able to work different shifts and outside in adverse weather conditions to fully support the operations team.
- Strong computer skills, including excellent advanced Excel and data-based application skills and intermediate skills in Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel periodically.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence, a good driving record, and be able to operate vehicles with both manual and automatic transmissions.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a positive work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all interested, qualified candidates to apply at:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.