WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies 2 years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
- We value our people and our reputation,
- We are locally dedicated with international scale,
- We are future-focused and challenge the status quo,
- We foster collaboration in everything we do, and
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our Transportation Engineering Department, located in our downtown Vancouver office. Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Engineering, this position will be responsible for design, design management, and project management of complex transportation projects. These projects can vary in size and complexity from minor rural highways to complex urban interchanges, transit exchange facilities, intermodal corridors, Bus/LRT rapid transit corridors, complex rural interchanges, etc. The successful candidate will participate in the delivery of multi-disciplinary transportation design projects from urban roadways to rural highways to freeway type facilities.
Responsibilities will include design and design guidance to other team members as well as a wide range of project requirements, including but not limited to:
- Direct and coordinate a team of design engineers in preparing cost effective, accurate, and timely transportation engineering designs drawings and specifications to meet client’s approvals;
- Collaborate with peers to manage staff workload;
- Update, implement, maintain, and monitor internal QA/QC process;
- Liaison with all discipline members, sub-consultants, clients, and agencies;
- Participate in public consultation sessions as required by the project requirements;
- Project manage major infrastructure projects to ensure that major parameters are achieved (safety, budgets, schedule, and quality control);
- Provide guidelines, to junior and intermediate staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Civil engineering degree or technology diploma from an accredited university or college with over 12 years’ experience in a design role;
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. or Eng.L. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Experience managing projects with a minimum capital value of $10 million;
- Proven experience in managing and tracking project scope, schedule, and budget experience with all aspects of urban roadway design;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and other design software, particularly in the application of roadway and highway geometric design;
- Proficient at preparing tender documents and writing technical provisions;
- Ability to work independently within a busy and high-performing team. Ability to communicate with a wide range of sub-consultants;
- General understanding of other road design requirements (e.g., drainage/hydraulic design, environmental design/mitigation measures, engineering surveys, geotechnical investigations and design);
- Alternative delivery experience is an asset (DB, DBFM, DBFO, etc.); and
- Proven experience in training/supervision and mentoring junior technical staff.
Please apply to: