An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Permanent, Full-Time Transportation Engineer with the City of Kamloops! If you want to be part of a culture of empowerment and you embrace respect, accountability, clarity, collaboration, integrity, and competency then working in the Development, Engineering and Sustainability Department may be a great fit for you. On-the-job training and coaching will be provided for the successful applicant and we encourage all interested candidates to apply for this supervisory role!
Typical duties of this position include:
- Reviewing Traffic Impact Assessments (TIA), Capital Construction and Development application design reviews.
- Active Transportation including Bike and Pedestrian Facilities, Transit Services, TDM.
- Traffic Engineering Studies and Safety Reviews, Traffic Calming, Signs and Pavement markings, Permits, Traffic Orders.
- Performs Warrant Analysis and review of Traffic Signals, Pedestrian Crossings, and School/Playground Areas and Zones.
- Traffic Modelling typically Synchro/SimTraffic, SIDRA Analysis.
- Liaises with the public and answers public enquiries regarding transportation issues.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- University degree in civil engineering with a specialization in the field of traffic/transportation engineering.
- Professional member of, or ability to become a professional member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia or registered as an engineer-in-training in the Province of British Columbia.
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills and public relations skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of Transportation/Traffic Engineering experience.
- Valid BC driver’s licence – Class 5.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
The annual starting salary for this position is $100,620.00 and a comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
In order to be considered for this position, you must upload copies of the above required qualifications to your profile at the time of application, if you experience any problems with uploading your documents, please email [email protected].
Please see our Career Opportunities page to view full complete job posting and apply: www.kamloops.ca/city-hall/career-opportunities.