At BCIT, we champion diversity of experiences, ideas, cultures, and perspectives, to foster a community in which equality and inclusivity are embedded in everything we do. We embrace endless innovation, ignited by imagination and creativity, to improve our approaches, opportunities, and outcomes. We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do, to accomplish real, measurable results. We believe in the power of collaboration to amplify our efforts and begin every interaction with a foundation of respect for others’ expertise, insights, and inherent worth. Our overall vision is to empower people, shape BC, and inspire global progress. If this resonates with you, come join our team as we continue to provide practical education for a complex world.
The Department of Civil Engineering at BCIT offers a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering degree program accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board. The flexible, integrated program also allows students to exit with a nationally recognized Diploma of Technology after 2 years of study. The primary goal of the program is to graduate highly qualified, practically-oriented civil technologists and engineers eligible for professional registration. In part, this is achieved through faculty’s excellent ties to industry. Graduates have an excellent record of employment and advancement in the diverse civil engineering industry in BC and elsewhere.
BCIT’s School of Construction and the Environment is seeking a regular, full-time Instructor who is an enthusiastic, team-oriented professional with expertise in structural engineering to strengthen our program. Having a background in other discipline(s) of civil engineering would be an asset, as all instructors in the Department contribute to delivering a program that covers almost the entire range of disciplines in civil engineering. The Instructor must have a strong commitment to teaching and interacting with students, an ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and an interest in developing and delivering quality curriculum to all levels. Additionally, the Instructor has a willingness to participate in continuous program improvement and administration, including outreach and collaborations.
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Graduate degree in civil engineering or structural engineering;
- Minimum 4 years of applicable industry experience related to structural engineering in North America;
- Current professional engineer registration in Canada or the U.S.A., or current application for registration in progress;
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Strong presentation skills.
- Teaching experience at a post-secondary level;
- Experience in training, developing, and/or mentoring technologists and/or junior engineers;
- Industry experience, especially design experience, in timber engineering;
- Experience and knowledge in construction management, computational analysis, or geotechnical engineering; and
- PhD degree in engineering.
Please apply online at: careers.bcit.ca/postings/2675