In business for over 30 years, with four locations in Canada and one location in the USA, Nova Pole is the leader in the steel and aluminum pole industry. A Canadian-owned company, Nova Pole International Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets steel and aluminum poles for use in highway and street lighting, traffic signals, transmission towers, high mast and sports lighting poles.
Nova Pole is looking for a local, self-motivated, and disciplined individual to fill the position of Structural/Civil Engineer to join our Engineering Department. This position involves working in our Surrey, BC, location office. The Structural/Civil Engineer will be a key member of Nova Pole’s Engineering team. Proven experience in the steel manufacturing industry is an asset. The successful candidate will have familiarity with common methods for structural analysis and design of structures using relevant codes and standards.
- Structural design of tubular steel/aluminum structures and connections and using relevant codes and standards such as CSA-S06, AISC and AASHTO.
- Prepare engineering calculations and detailed designs; discuss project requirements and solutions with Senior Engineers and Clients.
- Organize, draft, and coordinate production of drawings to ensure technical accuracy.
- Review and seal shop drawings for conformance prior to submission for approval and manufacturing within the deadlines.
- Liaise with Sales/Production Departments and Customers as required.
- Establish good working relationships with the Project staff and Department Heads.
- Provide support to the Department Heads during the Design/production activities.
- Provide weight estimates for the different steel structures.
- Provide R&D and technical support to the team for decision making.
- Minimum 3+ years of Canadian experience as a practicing structural design engineer;
- Registered with Engineers and Geoscientists BC as a P.Eng.;
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with minimum 3 years of relevant Canadian experience;
- Structural design experience in hollow steel structure such as transmission poles, communication poles, and sign structure is an asset;
- Experience in a steel fabrication/machine shop would be an asset;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume, and deadline-driven environment;
- Strong attention to detail, planning, and excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are a must;
- Fast learner with the desire to excel and achieve; and
- Proficient with S-Frame, Mathcad, AutoCAD, and Microsoft excel (Familiarity with PLS-POLE is an asset).
We invite qualified candidates to submit their resumes. Come learn and grow with Nova Pole.
Please send your resume to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those who work in Canada will be considered for this position and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Nova Pole is an equal opportunity company.
Please note public transportation is limited.
Salary will commensurate with experiences.
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
- Employee GRSP Program