CMC is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm providing services to the bulk materials handling, agri-industrial, biomass, and related industrial process industries. Our knowledge of the economic and technical aspects of the agri-industrial, bulk handling, and processing industries has enabled CMC to become one of Canada's most experienced and innovative firms in the agri-industrial and biomass focused engineering sector.
The start of some new projects has created openings for several engineers in both technical and project management roles. Applicants will have experience in bulk material handling work, and will also be expected to show examples of innovation in their work and the ability to take on new challenges.
- Prepare engineering designs and drawings for grain handling and feedmill facilities and associated mechanical systems and components.
- Develop and maintain mechanical drawings according to company standards and procedures, following the guidance of the Lead Mechanical Engineer and in coordination with other engineers and designers.
- Implement quality assurance and continuous improvement procedures.
- Ensure project equipment design meets technical and commercial contract criteria and all applicable codes and standards.
- Provide technical information to other departments as required.
- Provide technical support and guidance to junior designers.
- Provide technical support to vendors, fabrication and installation contractors.
- Participate in fabrication and installation supervision.
- Other tasks as may be assigned, related to engineering projects or any engineering function of the company.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in mechanical design of equipment for bulk material handling and processing facilities.
- Experience with grain handling and feedmills would be an asset.
- Excellent design skills in REVIT, AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment while interacting with co-workers and supervising junior designers.
- Engineers must be registered, or eligible for registration, with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Hands-on attitude towards problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, team player.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for attendance at CMC’s premises.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé, in confidence, to Human Resources at [email protected] by September 24, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No agencies please.