You want to be part of a diverse, collaborative team of designers and engineers. You enjoy the challenge of designing hydraulic infrastructure to manage surface water flows for both current and future climate conditions. You take an efficient and rigorous approach to design and are not afraid to ask questions. You enjoy working in a team environment and can delegate work effectively, providing guidance and expertise.
Binnie is looking for a senior Water Resource Engineer to join us. Our team has been recognized for notable projects including the role of Owner’s Engineer on the Port Mann Highway 1 Improvement Project. We have also recently been involved in the detailed design of the Highway 1 and 216th Street Interchange Project (including upgrades for Yorkson Creek and Guy Creek), and is Owner’s Engineer for the Highway 91/17 Upgrade Project in Delta (including major regional drainage upgrades for climate change and considerations for Burns Bog environmental conservation area).
From our Burnaby office near scenic Deer Lake, you will work with our Water Resource team and technical specialists from other firms to provide the design and analysis of natural watercourses, bridges, culverts, drainage systems and storm water management on transportation projects.
You will also provide water resource engineering expertise on a variety of civil infrastructure projects for local municipalities and land development projects including flood assessment and mitigation. This challenging role offers great opportunities to increase your technical expertise while working on collaborative multidiscipline projects.
- Acting as Engineer of Record for water resource engineering design work
- Supervising the preparation of designs calculations and technical design reports
- Overseeing the development of hydrologic and hydraulic modelling for the design of bridges, culverts, ditches, spillways, fish passage and enclosed drainage systems
- Reviewing the preparation of construction plan drawings, details and specifications
- Conducting design presentations to clients
- Ensuring quality control procedures are completed as per Binnie’s Organizational Quality Management Policy (OQM)
- Minimum 15 years of related work experience in water resource consulting engineering environment
- Technical expertise in hydrologic assessments and detailed hydraulic infrastructure designs
- Experience with BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Hydraulic Design Guidelines and Engineers and Geoscientists BC Practice Guidelines
- Registration as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (or eligible for immediate registration)
- Ability to mentor and develop the technical abilities of the design staff
- Working experience with hydraulic modelling software (HEC-RAS, PCSWMM, etc.)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and GIS
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize and delegate work effectively and provide guidance and direction
We are the people behind the infrastructure you use every day. We’re small enough to know each other’s names, and big enough to be where we’re needed. As an employee-owned firm and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we take pride in our work and are respected as one of the top engineering firms in British Columbia. We support some of the most important infrastructure in the province and beyond.
We’re looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can’t do it without you.
People come first. We support you with the education, mentoring, and growth opportunities you need to build an interesting career. As an employee-owned firm, we create a clear internal growth path that can keep up with even the most ambitious professionals. Whether it’s soccer or coffee clubs, hockey pool, lunchtime yoga, Movember or Bowling for Big Brothers, everyone can get involved in their own way.
Let us know why you want to work at Binnie, and why you would be a fit as our next Water Resource Engineer. Submit your application at binnie.com/careers/current-opportunities
Thank you for your interest in Binnie. We look forward to reviewing your application.