Are you an Intermediate Structural Engineer who defines success as “delivering a project with positive community impact and a happy client”? Are you interested in working on multidisciplinary projects? If you have a strong desire to stay ahead of the curve and be part of a structural team, our Burnaby based Structures team wants to hear from you!
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Structures Team works to deliver excellent service for our clients, both internal and external. Committed to finding, mentoring and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- We offer our team members a diverse range of projects on which to hone their skills;
- We are committed to team member career progression;
- Together we enjoy a challenge and variety in our work; and
- We pride ourselves on delivering quality service to our clients on each of our projects.
- How you prioritize work – we are a flexible work environment that changes direction at full speed.
- Strong leadership skills including mentoring and growing others.
- Strive for professional development, being informed on new technologies and developments in the field.
- P.Eng. designation with registration or eligibility for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia.
- Proficient with CSA S6-19 CHBDC, BCBC, and Canadian Design Standards for concrete, steel, wood, and masonry.
- 5–7 years of experience in bridge design and inspection (preferably in the Lower Mainland).
- Proficiency with CSiBridge, SAP2000, RISA, SAFI and S-FRAME (or equivalent).
- Structural engineering and seismic design experience.
- Construction experience on bridges and heavy civil projects.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure standards and documents;
- Working knowledge of MMCD specifications;
- Experience with AutoCAD/Revit; and
- Experience building and mentoring the structural team.
- Take work from concept through to design and then to construction – preparing detailed structural engineering designs/drawings for a wide variety of projects including bridges, heavy civil engineering structures, and small buildings.
- Complete assessments and prepare reports for various structures such as bridges, retaining walls, piers, and other structures.
- Assume responsibility for structural design as Engineer of Record.
- Support construction administration objectives and perform construction field reviews (valid driver’s licence required).
- Review shop drawings and other submittals during construction phase, respond to RFIs.
- Writing technical memos and reports.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Observe and maintain quality assurance practices and documentation standards on all projects.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals in response to requests for our services.
- Contact suppliers and Contractors for information and quotes.
- Assist in preparation of Contract documents.
Collaboration is Key!
- Assemble and review structural deliverables in collaboration with other team members.
- Review and coordinate deliverables with other multi-disciplinary project team members.
- Collaborate with, advise, and assist team members in other groups and offices.
Feedback and Growth
- Be a lifelong learner, stay current on industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Actively coach, guide and mentor developing team members.
- Perform peer reviews, design checks, and provide feedback on work prepared by others.
- Actively participate in and bring ideas forward for continuous improvement initiatives.