Twin Peaks Engineering Ltd. is a Whistler-based consulting structural engineering firm providing engineering services within the Sea to Sky Corridor.
Twin Peaks Engineering Ltd. is a fast-growing and well-respected consulting engineering firm with an impressive list of repeat clients and high-end projects.
Twin Peaks Engineering Ltd. is looking for a motivated and skilled Intermediate/Senior Structural Engineer to join our Structural Engineering Department in our Whistler office, British Columbia. We are looking for candidates with the correct mix of technical and personal skills that will assist in the management and running of projects with clients and contractors. The ideal candidate will have experience in high-end residential construction, multi-family residential and light commercial structures. Experience in timber, steel, and reinforced concrete design essential.
We offer a flexible work environment with a competitive hourly rate employment contract. Set your own work hours to ensure project completion, be compensated for every hour worked, all whilst being able to maintain a work-life balance and enjoy the mountain lifestyle that Whistler has to offer.
- Independent management of projects including client/contractor liaison, fee estimation, invoicing, etc.;
- Liaison with architects, designers, contractors, etc.;
- Perform detailed design calculations and analysis independently and under the guidance of Senior and Principal engineers;
- Work with our drafting team for preparation of design drawings. Review drawings to ensure compliance with design intent;
- Attend site visits related to pre-design information gathering, post-construction review, and structural condition assessments. Review shop drawings;
- Prepare written reports under the guidance of Senior and Principal engineers. Describe findings of structural assessments clearly and concisely; and
- Management of the OQM process and conformance.
- Bachelor's degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited university;
- Registration as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC or as an engineer-in-training (EIT) with the ability to obtain a P.Eng. designation within 1–2 years;
- 4+ years of relevant work experience within the residential and commercial sectors;
- Structural design experience in timber, steel, and reinforced concrete structures;
- Experience working with Canadian codes and design standards;
- Ability to work independently, conduct research, and take direction; and
- Be able to communicate effectively in English both written and oral.
This is an excellent opportunity for an intermediate to senior engineer looking to take the next step in their career whilst maintaining an excellent work-life balance within beautiful Whistler, BC.
Please respond to this advertisement via email and include a brief description of your current situation and a copy your latest resume.
Only candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted.