CMC is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm providing services to the bulk materials handling, agri-industrial, biomass, and related industrial process industries. Our knowledge of the economic and technical aspects of the agri-industrial, bulk handling, and processing industries has enabled CMC to become one of Canada's most experienced and innovative firms in the agri-industrial and biomass focused engineering sector.
The start of some new projects has created openings for several engineers in both technical and project management roles. Applicants will have experience in bulk material handling work and will also be expected to show examples of innovation in their work and the ability to take on new challenges.
- Prepare and lead engineering designs for grain handling and processing facilities and associated structural systems and components.
- Ensure design meets technical and commercial contract criteria and all applicable codes and standards.
- Implement quality assurance and continuous improvement procedures.
- Perform engineering calculations and analyses to assist in the design of structural systems and components.
- Develop and direct project plans with the Project Manager, ensuring that project budget, schedules, and requirements are met.
- Assist in the preparation of cost and material estimates, project schedules, and reports.
- Provide technical information to other departments as required.
- Provide technical support and guidance to department engineers and designers.
- Prepare technical specifications and RFQs for construction work.
- Evaluate procurement and construction proposals and make recommendations.
- Ensure that final products are as per technical standards and design specifications.
- Provide technical support and guidance to vendors, fabrication, and installation contractors.
- Other tasks as may be assigned, related to engineering projects or any engineering function of the company.
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in structural design of industrial facilities, preparation of specifications, and team leadership.
- Struct.Eng. registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Experience with grain handling and feed milling facilities would be an asset.
- Familiarity with REVIT, AutoCAD and STAAD.
- Experience with:
- Steel structures.
- Associated design codes.
- Concrete structures.
- Permitting requirements.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment while interacting with co-workers and supervising junior designers.
- Hands on attitude towards problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, team player.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for attendance at CMC’s premises.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé, in confidence, to Human Resources at [email protected] by September 24, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No agencies please.