Kerr Wood Leidal Associates Ltd. (KWL) is currently seeking an innovative and motivated Intermediate Water Resources Engineer with 7-10 years of experience to work in either our Burnaby or Victoria offices. The position provides the opportunity to work with a growing and dynamic team of leading water resources engineers, geoscientists, technologists, and other professionals working on cutting-edge and innovative projects.
- Project management, including developing proposals, work plans, change orders and invoicing;
- Fieldwork including stream assessments, works inspections, construction field review, condition assessments and flood response;
- Producing conceptual through detailed designs for typical water resources projects such as creek and river restoration, flood and erosion protection, drainage systems or other water management infrastructure;
- Analyzing data such as streamflow, weather and climate, and topographic/bathymetric data;
- Hydrology assessments;
- Hydraulic modelling of creeks and rivers;
- Preparing and producing reports and construction documents;
- Preparing cost estimates; and
- Providing expertise to clients.
You enjoy working hands-on and excel at solving problems efficiently. You have an analytical aptitude and have strong writing and Excel skills. You are accountable, organized, and take pride in a job well done. You are an excellent verbal and written communicator. You work well in a congenial team environment. You enjoy autonomy, are a proven self-starter, innovative and take ownership of your assignments. Your qualifications, interests and experience include a combination of the following:
- Bachelors degree in civil/water resources engineering;
- Registered engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- 7–10 years of relevant experience;
- You must have a class 5 BC driver's licence; and
- Must be physically able to conduct field visits commensurate with engineering/project management work. This may include: handling and operating equipment, travelling to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, and outdoor site visits in all weather conditions on uneven/varying ground terrain.
KWL offers a highly supportive work environment with competitive compensation, benefits, and profit-sharing.
As part of our efforts to foster a creative and industrious workplace, we encourage employees to develop their own work schedules, including flexible work hours.
Our firm has won numerous awards, including the Schreyer Award – Canada’s highest honour for consulting engineering achievement – and Awards of Merit and Excellence from various national and provincial professional engineering associations.
Please respond, referencing “Intermediate Water Resources Engineer” (Adobe Acrobat files only) on our careers page at www.kwl.ca/careers. Come and build your future with us.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.