Established in 1984, Avalon Mechanical has grown into an industry recognized mechanical engineering consultancy firm. Specializing in mechanical design systems for HVAC, plumbing, and fire suppression, we have completed thousands of projects in a range of industries. With offices in both Victoria and Nanaimo, our team is growing, and we are always looking to add to our complement of skilled and knowledgeable engineering design professionals.
Currently, we are looking for a an EIT to join our team in both our Nanaimo and Victoria offices. The ideal candidate will possess a degree in mechanical engineering and be resident in BC, available to start work immediately. The candidate will be supervised by professional engineers registered in BC. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and experience producing construction documents, plans, and calculations for mechanical building systems (fire suppression, plumbing, HVAC) are desired, however all skill levels and experience will be considered. Please see below a comprehensive list of skills and qualifications.
- Registration, or eligibility to register, as an engineer-in-training (EIT) or professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC;
- Completion of a degree in mechanical engineering;
- A positive attitude and ambition to learn; and
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- AutoCAD and Revit proficiency;
- Knowledge of local codes, including the BC Building Code;
- Experience with MS Office - specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook; and
- Experienced with energy codes and energy modelling software is an asset.
- Design HVAC and plumbing systems for renovations and new constructions;
- Prepare reports by compiling, interpreting, and summarizing engineering data; and
- Learn and adapt to various engineering tasks as required to meet changing market demands.
Compensation and benefits for this position are to be discussed with applicants on an individual basis.
If interested in joining our team, please submit any enquiries you may have regarding this position along with your qualifications to [email protected].
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.