British Columbia and Alberta - Job Id: 2020-017
Ecofor Consulting Ltd. is a natural and cultural resource management company with a team of over 60 professional and technical employees. We provide multi-disciplinary environmental consulting to clients who include private industry, government, and indigenous organizations and communities across Canada. We specialize in fisheries, wildlife, contaminated sites, cultural assessments, land use planning, forestry, environmental, and cultural monitoring.
Ecofor’s reputation is one of integrity, sound work product and customer satisfaction. Safety is priority and our employees are our number one asset. We strive to promote from within, supporting professional development and career growth.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals? Do you want a challenging, rewarding career that makes a positive impact on our local communities, or want to build skills and develop strong relationships?
If this interests you, Ecofor is currently seeking Certified Professionals in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) to join our team (location flexible).
Ecofor holds contracts with large construction firms that are building major linear developments in Western Canada. The Ecofor CPESC works in collaboration with other Ecofor and client supplied professionals, including environmental, geotechnical, hydrology, engineering, and construction personnel. The work is an engaging team atmosphere where individuals combine their specific skillsets to produce superior environmental performance for the project.
This is a full-time position offering competitive wages, extended health benefits (medical/ dental/ vision), and vacation.
- Preparing, auditing, and overseeing the execution of Erosion and Sediment Control Plans for large construction projects.
- Working with management and construction teams to ensure compliance with environmental best practices, commitments, permits, laws, regulations, and developing recommendations to resolve non-conformances.
- Providing technical and crew leadership and mentorship within a team environment.
- Senior level responsibilities would include Field Coordination and Project Management.
- Promoting a strong safety culture and working collaboratively within Ecofor’s corporate culture.
- Possession of CPESC Certification.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Planning for pipelines, linear developments, and major construction projects.
- Assessment of erosivity factors, such as rainfall, runoff, soil type, and erodibility conditions on construction sites.
- Skill in the design and placement of site-specific Erosion and Sediment Control measures.
- Knowledge of ESC products and BMPs, their installation and maintenance.
- Certification or experience in related fields (environmental, engineering, hydrology, geoscience) is considered an asset.
- Standard safety certifications for working in the Construction Industry are considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the provincial and federal regulatory environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management skills, and physically fit.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, desire to grow business, and work closely (both in a field lead and support role) with other environmental professionals, environmental discipline leads, and First Nations.
- Proficiency in the operation of field equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver's licence.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by August 4, 2020. Please include the Job ID number(s) you are applying for in your cover letter/resume. We wish to thank everyone for their interest in Ecofor; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.