Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
We recognize that our projects must serve the interests of our communities for the long term. Therefore, our teams specialize in bridges and structures, transportation, municipal infrastructure & roadways, water resources, land development, geotechnical, construction and electrical engineering services. From senior management to our most junior recruits, we are partners in solving our clients’ challenges.
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. seeks a Project Manager with demonstrated leadership capabilities to join our Municipal group in Surrey, BC. This position is ideal for a Civil Engineer looking to advance their career into Project Management. In this role, you will provide leadership and oversight to project execution activities, carried out with a team of approximately 15 Project Managers, Project Engineers, Designers, CADD Operators and Construction Inspectors in the field of Municipal and Design Build engineering throughout the Vancouver region.
- Responsible for the Project Management, design and approval of civil engineering works including;
- Municipal Roadway and Transportation Design
- Participation in Major Design Build and P3 Infrastructure Projects
- Utility Design, including Watermains, Sewers and Forcemains
- Land Development, Transportation Planning, Stormwater Management and modelling
- Providing technical direction, engineering design, and management of projects from proposal stage, through conceptual design, detailed design, construction and completion stages
- Utilize Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D for the creation and review of engineering designs
- Preparing construction cost estimates, tender documents and contracts
- Working with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved
- Mentor, train and support other professional and junior staff
- Providing assistance as required for planning, sales and marketing
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution with at least 5 years of progressive experience in the municipal consulting industry; experience in the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley market is strongly desired
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. (or eligibility for registration) in British Columbia
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- High productivity, excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work well in a team environment are essential
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.