Bush, Bohlman and Partners LLP, a structural engineering firm that specializes in institutional, commercial, recreational, and transportation projects throughout Western Canada, is looking to add a Junior Structural Engineer to our Vancouver based team. Our projects are interesting and challenging and we provide excellent opportunities for career growth.
Bush, Bohlman & Partners is an industry-leading consulting structural engineering firm servicing clients throughout British Columbia. Our office is located in beautiful Coal Harbor right beside Stanley Park in Downtown Vancouver. Established in 1970, the size of our firm has remained steady for 50 years and currently has a staff of 30 engineers and technicians.
We provide all levels of structural engineering services for a wide variety of institutional and commercial clients. Typical projects include schools, health care facilities, universities, airports, civic buildings, commercial, and residential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Structural design of new buildings, renovations, and seismic retrofits, field review, structural assessments, and report writing.
- Work within an integrated team environment to coordinate designs and drawings with the architects and other project consultants.
- Project Engineers at Bush, Bohlman & Partners LLP see projects through from detailed design to final field reviews, thereby gaining the widest range of experience.
Must be registered (or be eligible to register) as an EIT with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Applicants must have good communication skills;
- Be able to manage time effectively and meet deadlines;
- Must possess a valid driver's licence;
- Preferred applicants will have some previous work or academic project experience with the design or building construction;
- Knowledge of the applicable material design standards and BC Building Codes;
- Experience with masonry and timber is an asset;
- Must be versatile with structural analysis software such as ETABs and S-frame; and
- Willingness to attend SEABC continuing education courses.
We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package and an excellent progressive learning environment with opportunities for advancement. We offer paid overtime and provide profit sharing for all employees. We support continuing education and cover costs for employees to attend seminars and courses.
Send your resume and cover letter to:
Thank you to all that apply but only applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.